Michelle and Glenn got married at the fabulous Smeetham Hall Barn on the Suffolk and Essex borders. It was a truly epic and just a dream to photograph.
AND – these guys definitely know how to throw a party – it was beyond LEGENDARY, just the absolute best time shooting this wedding ?✨
Smeetham Hall Barn Wedding Photography
Smeetham Hall Barn created a perfect backdrop for this rock ‘n’ roll extravaganza. The barn itself has a rustic charm mixed with a hint of edginess, which really set the tone for the entire event. As you can probably guess, this was not your typical, traditional wedding. It was all about breaking the rules and celebrating love in their own epic way.
One of the most memorable moments was the “emo hour.” Yep, you heard that right! As the sun started to set, the couple had this hour-long playlist of all their favorite emo songs blasting through the speakers. I kid you not, every guest was singing along at the top of their lungs while shedding some serious emo tears. It was both hilarious and heartwarming to witness.
On The Day Highlights:
- Flower Dude: When the couple told me they have a flower dude – you kinda think us shy, retiring Brits won’t do it justice. BUT OH, how wrong I was. Josh nailed his flower dude entrance, it was spectacular and them some!
- Emo Hour: Yep a whole hour of dancing to their teenage favourites, Radiohead, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, oh and of course, Nirvana! Oh my god, it was pure joy to photograph! (and yes I danced!)
- Tattoo Bar: Doris Loves did a fab job (and were very busy) at providing temporary tattoos for everyone
- White denim jackets: Michelle is a costume designer so of course their signing “book” was not a traditional book – but jackets!
- The EPIC First Dance. They did a fabulous job and it paid off brilliantly. Definitely a 10 from the judges!
Why Smeetham Hall Barn is a great place to get married
Smeetham Hall Barn was such a lovely discovery. It has a huge barn for reception and dancing, but also beautiful spots for photos (by the lake or the in the gardens.
We got really lucky with the beautiful sunset – and in September! (*Thank you to Sophie, the wedding coordinator for showing where to go to get the best views!)
As a photographer, I live for these kinds of weddings. It’s such a joy to document couples who dare to step outside the box and create their own unique wedding experience. The energy, the passion, and the love that permeated throughout the day was truly inspiring. I feel so grateful to have been a part of it all, and I can’t wait to share the photos with the couple and see their reaction.
And Michelle and Glenn were kind enough to give me a 5 star review on Google. These reviews mean the world to me – better than any award anyday!
Words cannot describe how incredible Sharron is. So professional, personable and a great energy to have around on the day. Not only are her photos beautiful but she has a great way of making people feel relaxed. We loved Sharron’s style from the beginning, her attention to detail and the way she uses light and perspective in her work is really unique. Everyone looks like they’re having so much fun in all our photos – we couldn’t have asked for more! THANK YOU SHARRONMichelle and Glenn
Massive shout out to the wonderful Lucy Noble for second shooting with me.
And if’ you’re looking for a Smetham Hall Barn wedding photographer – I’d love to be there for you to capture all your own magic! Get in touch for more details.